One of the reasons why knee rovers for senior citizens are a necessity is because of the many knee problems that come along with aging. Aging affects joints, which in turn limits mobility. With every step, the wear and tear on the joints gets worse leading to persistent pain. This makes it difficult to walk without the need of something to take the weight off the painful knees. Knee surgery helps to fix a bad knee, but even after the surgery, it takes a while to gain optimum mobility especially for the elderly.
Many of those recovering after the surgery opt to use crutches while others use wheelchairs. Others depend on people for support as they move around. However, there is a better alternative to clutches or dependency on people. Using knee scooter rovers is one of the best ways for seniors to manoeuvre their way around.
Unlike clutches, knee rovers are more comfortable and do not tamper with the knee recovery. They are stable and great for both outdoors and indoors. Knee scooter rovers are also good not only for seniors with knee problems but also for those with broken ankles, broken feet and anyone recovering from any kind of leg, ankle and foot surgeries.
What Makes Knee Rovers Better than Other Alternatives?
The best knee rovers for senior citizens have the following advantages over clutches and other alternatives.
Comfort and stability
Scooter rovers are more comfortable and reliable. Any senior using a rover over a clutch will not tire easily and his/her mobility will be more effective. Unlike crutches, knee rovers are more stable because they come with rubber wheels. This makes it easy to move around without the fear of any slip-ups. Besides the rubber wheels, scooter rovers come with handlebars for support Majority of them come with locking hand brakes that are easily adjustable and on-wheel brakes for better control.
The majority of the scooter rovers are compact and lightweight, with weights not exceeding 30 pounds. The scooters are also easy to fold which makes them portable and easy to store.
Knee scooter rovers are durable and can go for years without any damage. Despite the light weight, the knee scooter rovers can manage large weight capacities and different heights.
Best Knee Rovers for Senior Citizens
KneeRover PRO All Terrain Knee Walker Aluminum Scooter with Shock Absorber - Silver
- ALL NEW KneeRover PRO - All Terrain Knee Walker Featuring Patent Pending new design with Integrated Shock Technology for the best ride comfort on any terrain.
- Ideal for individuals recovering from injury or surgery to the foot, ankle or lower leg as well as below the knee amputees. The All Terrain KneeRover PRO is an excellent crutch alternative and offers the most versatility among knee walkers.
- Indoor - Outdoor All Terrain knee scooter features 12 inch pneumatic tires - perfect for navigating your home, work, and any terrain with ease - including grass, gravel, dirt and gaps in sidewalks.
- These steerable knee walkers offer an advanced automotive style tie-rod steering mechanism and NEW KneeRover Stabilizer training wheel for maximum stability and control.
- Heavy Duty Aluminum double bar construction offers unprecedented strength and stability while remaining lightweight. All Terrain Knee Rover Pro knee walker offers a 350 lb. weight capacity and is recommended for individuals with heights 5'6" - 6'8".
The above knee scooter is a creation from one of the biggest manufacturers of scooters. Made with aluminium, the scooter rover comes complete with a shock absorber. Other features of the KneeRover Pro are.
. It can take you around every kind of terrain with ease
. Comes with 12-inch air filled tires made with shock absorber technology for maximum comfort and stability
. Double bar construction can take on any kind of weight
. Comes with locking handle bars for safety
. Easy to transport and store
. Comes with an adjustable knee pad
. Has a beautiful metallic silver grey color
KneeRover Steerable Knee Scooter
KneeRover Steerable Knee Scooter Knee Walker Crutches Alternative in Green
- Ideal for individuals recovering from injury or surgery to the foot, ankle or lower leg as well as below the knee amputees. The Steerable Knee Scooter is one of the most proven and trusted knee walkers in the industry and an excellent crutch alternative.
- Excellent stability and control when maneuvering - these steerable knee walkers offer an adjustable locking handbrake and rear drum brake.
- Ideal for indoor and outdoor use, the Steerable Knee Scooter kneeling walker features four 7.5 inch non-marking rubber wheels, a comfortable 3.5" thick contoured knee platform that is left or right-leg compatible, and a free basket.
- The Steerable Knee Scooter also features handlebars with a quick folding mechanism for easy transport and storage. Dual ankle design for extreme durability
- Fully adjustable handlebars and knee platform, this lightweight yet sturdy knee walker offers a robust 300 lb. weight capacity and is recommended for individuals with heights 5' - 6'6
Another great alternative to crutches is the beautiful steerable knee scooter from KneeRover. It comes in two beautiful colors and it offers comfort when recovering from a knee surgery or any other leg surgery.
Features of this rover are
. Weighs only 22 pounds but can support weights of up to 300 pounds.
. Has very comfortable handlebars
. Easy to transport and store
. For better ability and control, the knee rover has an adjustable locking handbrake system
. For easier navigation of the scooter rover, it has a rear drum braking system
. Offers maximum comfort with adjustable knee pad
. Comes with height adjustment features for more Comfortability
. If you want to go shopping, you do not have to worry because the scooter rover comes with a storage basket
. The scooter wheels come with shock absorbers for maximum control and stability
. Scooters are available in both green and pink colours
. Ideal for both indoors and outdoors
Evolution Steerable Seated Scooter Mobility Knee Walker
Evolution Steerable Seated Scooter Mobility Knee Walker Turning Leg Walker Crutches Alternative in Blue
- Ideal for individuals recovering from injury or surgery to the knee, hip, foot, ankle or lower leg. The KneeRover Evolution Seated Scooter is a proven and durable mobility aid and an excellent alternative to crutches.
- Excellent stability and control when maneuvering - these steerable seated leg walkers offer an adjustable locking handbrake and rear drum brake.
- Seated mobility scooter features a large gel padded seat, ergonomic rubber hand grips, and a convenient front leg platform that allows the patient to rest in comfort while elevating the non-weight bearing leg.
- The Evolution Seated Scooter utilizes handlebars with a quick folding mechanism for easy transport and storage. Walker also comes with four 7.5" non-marking rubber wheels, and a free basket. Smooth movement with no hopping or skipping
- Fully adjustable handlebars and seat, this lightweight yet sturdy seated leg walker offers a robust 300 lb. weight capacity and is recommended for individuals with heights 5' - 6'6".
This is another mobility solution for senior citizens from KneeRover. It is also another good alternative to crutches and it comes with special and great features to make seniors feel comfortable when they use it. The most striking features about this scooter are;
. Offers better freedom for people recovering from knee injuries and surgeries
. Comes with a large padded gel seat, which is convenient for mobility. The seat allows the user to elevate the leg bearing no weight.
. Offers excellent control and stability when you use it anywhere as it comes with a locking handbrake which is easily adjustable
. The handlebar mechanism on the scooter allows for easy folding, storage and transportation
. The scooter comes with rubber wheels and a free shopping and storage basket
. It is stable and durable and can accommodate weights of up to 300 pounds
Pride Travel Pro Premium 3-wheel Mobility Scooter
Travel Pro Premium 3-Wheel Mobility Scooter by Pride
- MANEUVERABILITY - With the easy to use Travel Pro Premium 3-Wheel Mobility Scooter by Pride, the three wheel styling provides maneuverability in tight spaces with a sharp turning radius and smooth drive. This mobility scooter offers the benefits of a high range travel mobility scooter such as a top speed of 4mph with a 6.3 mile drive range, flat free tires, forward/reverse controls, and a weight capacity of a whopping 275 lbs.
- TRANSPORTABLE - Designed to be easy to transport, this travel scooter can be quickly disassembled into 5 lightweight pieces that easily fit in the trunk of an average sized sedan. The heaviest piece is only 27.5 lbs, light enough for most users to be able to easily carry independently.
- COMFORT - Ride in comfort and style; this travel scooter features an attractive fully-padded faux-leather seat that offers an adjustable height to suit users of nearly all heights, as well as padded armrests that flip up for convenient boarding and exiting of the scooter and a convenient front basket for stowing away personal items.
- USES - Whether you or your loved one needs help getting around the house and shopping or desires the freedom to travel and keep up with the family, this travel scooter can easily maneuver around hallways and doorframes and is compact enough for use during travel.
- SPECS - Includes a free cup holder and saddlebag ($55 value) shipped separately. Overall Width: 22.3" x Overall Length: 37" x Seat Width: 17" x Max Seat to Deck Height: 17.25"
If you are looking for the best knee scooter to help you maneuver your way around hallways, supermarkets and other places, then this rover from PRIDE will do just fine. It is compact and offers maximum movement abilities in tight and small places. The scooter comes with the following features;
. Comfortability with its padded faux leather seat that also comes with adjustable height solutions
. Besides the seats, the scooter also comes with padded armrests
. Comes with a storage basket, a cup holder and a saddlebag
. The scooter is easy to dissemble which makes it easy to transport and store
. It weighs around 27 pounds and can accommodate different weights
. The scooter can move around everywhere with ease
. It is great for people healing from knee injuries or anybody with walking difficulties
. The scooter uses two batteries
Wrapping it Up
The above are some of the many knee rovers for seniors in the market today. All the items are available in Amazon
at affordable prices. With the above knee scooter rovers, if you are a senior citizen, you can enjoy maneuvering around without any worries. You can forget the discomfort of the clutches and use the knee rovers that will offer you more comfort and stability. What is even better is that you can go anywhere you wish to go with the above best knee rovers for senior citizens. Take your knee rover for a spin and enjoy life without any pains holding you back.
to learn about more of the best healthcare products for senior citizens.